Are You Ready for Joint Replacement?
According to our joint replacement experts, you may be ready for a joint replacement if you’re experiencing the following:
- You have joint pain that keeps you awake at night
- The pain in your joint prevents you from participating in your favorite recreational activities
- You have stiffness in your joint that limits your ability to move or lift your affected extremity
- You have attempted more conservative methods (i.e. exercise and/or drug therapy) without success
Signs you are NOT ready for a joint replacement include:
- Joint pain that does not limit your routine activities
- You have not attempted more conservative treatment options
- Your symptoms are improving with conservative treatments
Recommendations for joint replacement surgery depend on your individual needs and goals and an evaluation by a joint replacement surgeon that involves your medical history, a physical examination, X-rays, and other tests.
Our joint replacement surgeons at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma specialize in joint replacement procedures, including total hip replacement. If you would like more information regarding hip pain or a total hip replacement, contact our doctors by calling (918) 921-8918 or request an appointment online.