R. Tyler Boone, MD
Centers of Excellence:
Dr. R. Tyler Boone is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma. He joined the practice, then Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center, in 1994. After receiving his undergraduate education in microbiology from The University of Oklahoma, Dr. Boone went on to complete his medical degree from The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine.
After a general surgery internship at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine, he then went on to complete a residency in orthopedic surgery from The University of Tennessee Campbell Clinic Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Boone specialized further, completing a spine fellowship from The State University of New York at Buffalo.
In addition to his duties at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma, Dr. Boone serves as a team doctor for McAlester High School and Sand Springs Public Schools.
In his free time, Dr. Boone enjoys hunting, fishing, and spending time with his family.
Dr. Boone is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Back, Neck, Orthopedic Trauma, Spine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1996
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, 1988
- General Surgery Internship: The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, 1989
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Campbell Clinic, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, 1992
- Surgical Spine Fellowship: The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 1994
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Simmons Surgical Society
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- “Dr. Boone listened carefully and opted for a non-invasive treatment plan of physical therapy. It worked very well.”– Nancy K.