Ronald S. LaButti, DO, FAOAO
Centers of Excellence:
Inspired by his keen interests in hip and knee surgery, Dr. Ronald LaButti sought out and accomplished a one-year fellowship in lower extremity and joint reconstruction with Kenneth Krackow, MD, from 1999 to 2000. To this day, Dr. LaButti continues to draw on the invaluable training and experience he gained working aside Dr. Krackow, who is internationally renowned for innovative advancements in hip and knee surgery.
Currently Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. LaButti also serves as Assistant Program Director for the Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program at the University. Dr. LaButti is dedicated to providing his patients with the latest technological advancements in total joint replacement. Dr. LaButti takes pride in being the first orthopedic surgeon in Tulsa to offer and perform ceramic-on-ceramic total hip replacement, as well as the first orthopedic surgeon in Oklahoma to perform computer-assisted total knee replacement.
In addition to medical education, Dr. LaButti is very committed to the community. In this regard, he and his wife support Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa Cares (a non-profit organization which provides social services to people affected by HIV/AIDS), Blue Star Mothers of Oklahoma, and the Tulsa Ballet.
Dr. LaButti was a member of the Board of Trustees for the Oklahoma State Medical Association (2009 – 2011) and of the Board of Directors of the Arthritis Foundation (2011 and 2012).
Certified by The American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (AOBOS), Dr. LaButti is a member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO), the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), and a lifetime member of the Osteopathic Founders Foundation and the prestigious national Osteopathic Honor Society, Psi Sigma Alpha. He has been recognized by the Consumers Research Council of America, A Guide to America’s Top Orthopedists, as well as Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare.
As one of Tulsa’s leading orthopedic surgeons, Dr. LaButti’s sub-specialties/special interests include treating joint disorders in adults due to arthritis, osteonecrosis or avascular necrosis (AVN), and trauma and sports-related injuries. In addition to total joint replacement surgery, Dr. LaButti also specializes in MAKOplasty, a state-of-the-art, computer-assisted robotic partial knee replacement procedure, and computer-assisted robotic total knee replacement.
Additionally, Dr. LaButti performs surgery on failed or worn joint replacements; osteotomy/re-alignment surgery; uni-compartmental knee replacements; and alternative or joint-sparing procedures for younger, more active patients and older patients with single compartment arthritis. Dr. LaButti also specializes in pinpointing and alleviating pain of the foot, ankle, calf, and thigh. While Dr. LaButti is a highly-skilled surgical specialist, he is aware surgery isn’t the right solution for everyone and offers conservative non-operative treatments whenever possible.
Dr. LaButti, his wife Robin, and their daughter, Sophia, reside in midtown Tulsa with their yellow Labrador Retrievers, Lucy and Henry, and Yorkshire Terrier, Coco Puff Rose.
To learn more about Dr. LaButti and how he can help you, please visit the following websites:
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Hip and Knee Total Joint Replacement
- Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Lower Extremity
- Computer-Assisted Robotic Total Knee Replacement
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts: Providence College, Providence, RI, 1987
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, ME, 1994
- Internal Medicine Internship: Brown University, Providence, RI, 1995
- Hip and Knee Reconstruction Rotation: Aaron Hofmann, MD, University of Utah Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT, 1998
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Tulsa, OK, 1999
- Lower Extremity and Joint Reconstruction Fellowship: Kenneth Krackow, MD, The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 2000
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Osteopathic Founders Foundation
- Psi Sigma Alpha – National Osteopathic Honor Society
- The American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
2406 East 81st Street, Suite 290
Tulsa, OK 74137
- Phone:(918) 494-AOOK (2665)
- Fax:(918) 927-3201
- “Dr. LaButti was conservative in his treatment plan, which was terrific. I had been referred to him, having been told that I needed a hip replacement. After reviewing my films, he indicated that I was not appropriate for a replacement since my hip capsule itself was not very deteriorated. And that I had three ligament tears.. two in the gluteus minimus and one in the labrum area. He set me up with an EXCELLENT physical therapist, administered a shot and following me every few months. I went through three series of p.t. and continue to do my exercises for maintenance. I would highly recommend Dr. LaButti and his staff for expertise, diligence, and timely responses to questions and concerns.”– Meryl K.