For those fortunate enough to work from home now, and potentially for an extended time as we phase into reopening the economy, the spine experts at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma have developed posture and ergonomic tips to help avoid back and neck pain. Patients in need of specialized back, neck or spine care are encouraged to call (918) 494-AOOK (2665) to schedule a safe and secure telemedicine appointment with the specialists at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma.
Thomas G. Craven, MD
Centers of Excellence:
Dr. Thomas Craven is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in reconstructive surgery of the spine. After earning his medical degree from The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City, Dr. Craven completed his general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency at The University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City. He then completed additional subspecialty training in orthopedic spine surgery through a fellowship at The State University of New York at Buffalo.
Dr. Craven is published in the peer-reviewed publication the Journal of Spine. He is a clinical assistant professor in the department of orthopedic surgery at The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Tulsa. Dr. Craven attended numerous courses and conferences relating to his field of expertise. He has also been invited to give a variety of presentations throughout the world, including Japan, Canada, France, Ireland, Washington, Kansas, California, and Louisiana on research pertaining to orthopedic medicine.
Dr. Craven and his family live in Tulsa. In his free time, he enjoys fly fishing, pickleball, and outdoor activities at the lake.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery of the Spine
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts: Bethel College, North Newton, KS, 1985
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, 1989
- General Surgery Internship: The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 1990
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 1994
- Spinal Surgery Fellowship: The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 1995
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Simmons Surgical Society, President
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- “Very professional. ”– Juanita H.