Wendy B. Emerson, MD
As a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic sports medicine surgeon, Dr. Wendy Emerson has extensive training and experience in sports-related injuries and treating bone, joint, and muscle conditions in patients of all ages. She strives to provide her patients with knowledge and education about their particular injury or issue and formulate with them, using the best current information and technology, a treatment plan that takes into consideration their goals and health history.
Dr. Emerson earned her medical degree at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston before going on to complete her general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Washington in Seattle. She then pursued further specialized training in orthopedic sports medicine through a fellowship at TRIA Orthopaedic Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Throughout her training and practice, Dr. Emerson has gained expertise in fracture fixation, total knee replacement, arthroscopy of the hip, knee, and shoulder as well as treatment techniques for conditions of the elbow and ankle.
When she isn’t seeing patients at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma, Dr. Emerson also proudly cares for the athletes of Bixby Public Schools, Coweta Public Schools, Regent Preparatory School, and Fortuna Tulsa Women’s Soccer. She also enjoys live music, traveling, watching documentaries, and stays active playing at the park with her son.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- General Orthopedics
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy and Reconstruction of Hip, Knee, and Shoulder
- Treatment of the Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, and Ankle
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2014
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2018
- Bachelor of Science: Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, OK, 2000
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX, 2005
- General Surgery Internship: University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2006
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2010
- Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship: TRIA Orthopaedic Center, Bloomington, MN, 2011
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- “Dr. Emerson is professional, kind, and explains options completely. She is prompt and willing to listen to me. I like and trust her.”– Mary S.