William L. Shelton, MD
William L. Shelton, MD, is a fellowship-trained hand surgeon at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma. After graduating summa cum laude from Clemson University, Dr. Shelton received his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas.
He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the highly accredited LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. He then went on to complete fellowship training focused on hands and upper extremities at the Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center located at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Shelton was the LSU Tigers Football Team Resident Physician in 2017, as well as awarded the 31st Annual Jack L. Winters Orthopaedic Residents Research Day Award and the Highest Orthopaedic In-Training Award in 2020.
He is originally from Dallas, Texas, and while not seeing patients, Dr. Shelton enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, and playing golf and basketball.
- Orthopedic Upper Extremity Surgery
- Elbow, Hand, Wrist
- Bachelor of Biological Sciences: Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 2011
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, 2015
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, 2020
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship: Philadelphia, PA, 2021
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand