David E. Nonweiler, MD
As a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon who is board-certified in orthopedic surgery, Dr. David Nonweiler specializes in surgical and nonsurgical bone, joint, muscle, and sports-related care. This includes total knee and shoulder replacement, robotic-assisted surgery, and minimally invasive reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder. Dr. Nonweiler has dedicated his practice to helping patients pursue an active lifestyle as safely as possible, and he is dedicated to working with his patients to develop a treatment plan that works for them.
Dr. Nonweiler earned his medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. He then completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, where he went on to pursue additional training in sports medicine and completed a year-long subspecialty fellowship.
Dr. Nonweiler is a clinical instructor in the department of orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation at The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Tulsa. He speaks to many groups on topics related to orthopedics and serves as a team physician for Holland Hall. Dr. Nonweiler resides in Tulsa with his family, and his personal interests include cars, fitness, and travel.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- General Orthopedics
- Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Shoulder and Knee
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1994
- Bachelor of Science: Baylor University, Waco, TX, 1982
- Doctor of Medicine: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 1986
- Transitional Internship: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, 1987
- Orthopedic Residency: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, 1991
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, 1992
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- “I had my right rotator cuff repaired a few years ago by Dr. Nonweiler and it feels like it did before I hurt it. When I hurt my left shoulder, I went back to have him fix it. They are like new shoulders. I have great faith in him and would recommend Dr. Nonweiler to anyone. I also really appreciate the people at Oklahoma Surgical Hospital where he does surgery. They are so good, caring and professional.”– Vickie S.