Jeff A. Fox, MD
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Fox, please click below.
Fellowship-trained and board-certified in orthopedic sports medicine, Dr. Jeff Fox’s areas of expertise include knee, shoulder, and elbow surgery. Dr. Fox attended medical school at the University of Kansas and, after that, went on to Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee, where he completed his orthopedic residency. It was at Vanderbilt, while treating collegiate and high school athletes, that he decided he wanted to specialize in sports medicine, so he gained further expertise in that field. Dr. Fox then spent a year in Chicago, Illinois, at Rush University Medical Center, where he completed a fellowship in sports medicine. After his fellowship, he came to Tulsa, where he began practicing at Central States Orthopedics. At Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma, Dr. Fox takes care of a range of patients, from elementary age to patients in their ninth decade.
Dr. Fox performs ACL reconstruction and rotator cuff repairs extensively. He also takes care of a lot of injured workers in addition to athletes. Their injuries are often quite similar, and both groups are trying to get back to functioning at their sport or work, and that’s what Dr. Fox enjoys most—getting his patients back to doing what they were doing prior to their injury. Dr. Fox typically uses nonsurgical treatment plans for the majority of knee, shoulder, and elbow injuries he sees.
Dr. Fox has been a faculty instructor for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons “Surgical Treatment of Complex Knee Ligaments, Patellofemoral, and Articular Cartilage Disorders” course. He has been an associate master instructor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America “Advanced Shoulder” and “Complex Knee” courses. His research interests and publications cover the areas of knee and shoulder surgery, including arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, meniscal transplantation, and articular cartilage repair. Additionally, Dr. Fox serves as a team doctor for Holland Hall, McAlester High School, and Rejoice Christian Schools.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Fox enjoys fly-fishing, cycling, basketball, and hunting. He and his wife live in Tulsa with their children.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee, Shoulder, and Elbow
- Reconstructive Surgery of the Shoulder and Knee
- Articular Cartilage Repair
- General Orthopedics
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2004
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2009
- Bachelor of Science: Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, 1991
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS, 1996
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, 2001
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, 2002
Professional Society Memberships
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- “Dr. Fox was very professional and answered all of our questions. We felt like he was sincere and took the time to help and meet our needs.”– Dwaynna L.Patient Rating: