X-ray is used to diagnose conditions by taking pictures of the inside of the body.
On the day of your X-ray:
- Bring your doctor’s order for your X-ray and your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment.
- If an X-ray has previously been taken, please bring the films with you to your appointment.
- If you are unable to bring your previous films with you, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Our partnerships with local MRI providers allows us to schedule most of our patients within 48 hours for an MRI scan.
Preparing for your MRI scan and what you can expect:
- You will need to inform your MRI scheduler if you have a pacemaker, any metal fragments in your body, or any types of aneurysm clips and/or implants.
- MRI scans typically take around 45 minutes. Some scans may take up to 90 minutes.
- The clothing you wear must not contain any metal, such as zippers, buttons, snaps, and/or metallic threading. You will be asked to remove any jewelry, loose change, glasses, wallets, dentures, wigs, etc.
- Before your scan, you will be asked to lie on the table which will move you into place inside the bore of the scanner. You will hear loud knocking and/or buzzing as you are scanned. You will be given earplugs during the exam.
- If you are claustrophobic, please inform the technician present. You may be able to receive a medication that will help you feel at ease, but you will need someone to drive you after the exam if you choose this option.
- Through your exam, we will do whatever we can to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible.
To schedule your MRI or X-ray, or if you have any questions regarding our imaging services, please call (918) 494-AOOK (2665) or click on Request an Appointment.