David K. Wong, MD
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Wong, please click below.
Centers of Excellence:
As a fellowship-trained, board-certified hand surgeon, Dr. David Wong is interested in all aspects of upper extremity care, including elbow, shoulder, and neurological problems. Dr. Wong earned his medical degree and completed his orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation residency at The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Oklahoma City. He went on to finish additional training through a hand and microsurgery fellowship at Keck Medicine of University of Southern California in Los Angeles. Dr. Wong’s practice includes the diagnosis of sports and work-related injuries, as well as degenerative problems, such as arthritis.
Dr. Wong is a clinical instructor in the department of orthopedic surgery at The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Tulsa. He has worked closely with workers’ compensation issues, serving as a member of the Workers’ Compensation/OSMA Liaison Committee in 1992, and as vice president of the Physicians Advisory Committee to the Workers’ Compensation Court in 1994 – 1995. He has been a member of the Ethics Committee of the Tulsa County Medical Society.
Currently, Dr. Wong serves on the Medical Executive Committee of the Orthopedic Hospital of Oklahoma. He has written numerous papers dealing with various aspects of hand surgery, and he has also given presentations to professional societies, national meetings, and local businesses. Dr. Wong and his family reside in Tulsa.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Disorders of the Hand and Upper Extremity
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1994
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, 1995
- Bachelor of Science: University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA, 1981
- Master’s Thesis in Tumor Immunology: University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA, 1982
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, 1986
- Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Residency: The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, 1991
- Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship: Keck Medicine of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1992
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Oklahoma State Medical Society
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- Tulsa County Orthopedic Association
- “Dr. Wong and his staff were terrific. They got me in quickly, and I had the exam, and then we were able to do the procedure right away. ”– Donna T.Patient Rating: