Kathleen M. Sisler, MD
Dr. Kathleen Sisler specializes in physiatry, a field that is a combination of physical medicine and rehabilitation. She is board-certified in physiatry and offers nonsurgical evaluation and treatment solutions for various musculoskeletal problems and disorders. These include sports injuries, work injuries, neck and low back pain, and degenerative conditions, such as arthritis.
Dr. Sisler earned her medical degree from The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Oklahoma City, where she completed a general surgery internship and completed two years of an orthopedic surgery residency before moving into the field of physiatry. She later went to Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, to complete her physical medicine and rehabilitation residency.
Dr. Sisler is a native of Tulsa, Oklahoma. She enjoys Alpine mountaineering, rock and ice climbing, mountain biking. and stand-up paddle boarding. Her other interests include ornithology (the study of birds) and botany.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Musculoskeletal Injuries and Pain Syndromes
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Rehabilitation of Patients With Severe Impairments
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 1998
- Bachelor of Science: Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, 1986
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, 1991
- General Surgery Internship: The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, 1992
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, 1994
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 1997
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- “The most caring and thorough Doctors I have ever had the opportunity. It’s to be a patient thank you for having her on your team and for Dr. Bryan Hawkins for sending me to her.”– Anna B.